Free download The Teaching Company: Ancient Near Eastern Mythology 12 Audio Cds with Course Outline Booklet (The Great Courses)
- Author: Shalom L. Goldman
- Language: Other
- ISBN/ASIN: 1565857720
- ISBN13: 9781565857728
- Upload date: 1-06-2017, 11:19
- Category: Audio Books
The ancient myths of the Near East are the foundation stones of both Western and Middle Eastern cultures.
These stories originate in the period before the development of writing systems and tell how people made sense of the world through tales of gods, animals, men, women, and combined human/divine beings.
These myths—among them the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Descent of Ishtar to the Netherworld, the Babylonian Creation Epic, the Tale of Innana—have great literary merit and reveal much about the development of historical writing and the evolution of religious systems.
You study the myths and cultures of Egypt, Sumer, the Hittites, Ugarit, Assyria, and Babylon. You concentrate on the relationship between Ancient Near Eastern myth and biblical accounts.
[hide=Course Lecture Titles]
- 1 Studying Ancient Near Eastern Myth
- 2 The Emergence of Civilization in the Near East
- 3 Hittites and Canaanites
- 4 Archaeology, Science, and Ideology
- 5 Principles of Writing Systems
- 6 Literary and Religious Aspects of Myth
- 7 Ancient Near Eastern Myths and the Bible
- 8 The Ancient Gods - Egypt and Mesopotamia
- 9 The Ancient Gods - Syria/Canaan
- 10 The Creation Myths of Egypt and Mesopotamia
- 11 Epics of the Gods - Syria/Canaan
- 12 The Epic of Gilgamesh part 1
- 13 The Epic of Gilgamesh part 2
- 14 Myths of Death and Destruction part 1
- 15 Myths of Death and Destruction part 2
- 16 The Individual and Society - Legal Texts
- 17 The Individual and Society - Myth and Legend
- 18 Love Lust and Poetry
- 19 Marriage Divorce and Other Arrangements
- 20 Kingship and the Gods
- 21 Royal Historians Poets and Artists - Mesopotamia
- 22 A Royal Couple - Myth and Reality
- 23 Royal Historians Poets and Artists - Egypt
- 24 Wisdom Literature; Conclusions.
- Download The Teaching Company: Ancient Near Eastern Mythology 12 Audio Cds with Course Outline Booklet (The Great Courses) PDF
E-book formats: The Teaching Company: Ancient Near Eastern Mythology 12 Audio Cds with Course Outline Booklet (The Great Courses) PDF, ePub, mobi, txt, The Teaching Company: Ancient Near Eastern Mythology 12 Audio Cds with Course Outline Booklet (The Great Courses) doc, pdb, djvu, fb2, ibooks, azw3, azw, kf8, rtf
The Teaching Company: Ancient Near Eastern Mythology 12 Audio Cds with Course Outline Booklet (The Great Courses) free download for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, BlackBerry or PC/MAC. Free download links from: Dropbox.com, Zippyshare.com, Depositfiles.com, Uploading.com, Crocko.com, FileFactory.com
Mythology of the Romans (Mythology, Myths, and Legends) Viral Mythology: How the Truth of the Ancients was Encoded and Passed Down through Legend, Art, and Architecture Primal Myths: Creation Myths Around the World Margins of Writing, Origins of Cultures: New Approaches to Writing and Reading in the Ancient Near East. Papers from a Symposium held February 25-26, 2005 (Oriental Institute Seminars) Women in the Ancient Near East: A Sourcebook The Ancient Near East in the 12th-10th Centuries BCE: Culture and History Letters of the Great Kings of the Ancient Near East: The Royal Correspondence of the Late Bronze Age Israel's History and the History of Israel (BibleWorld) Encyclopedia of Greek and Roman Mythology (Facts on File Library of Religion and Mythology) Empire of Ancient Egypt Egyptian Mythology A to Z Ancient Cities: The Archaeology of Urban Life in the Ancient Near East and Egypt, Greece and Rome A Handbook of Greek Mythology Gods , Demons and Symbols of Ancient Mesopotamia: An Illustrated Dictionary The Cosmological Origins of Myth and Symbol: From the Dogon and Ancient Egypt to India, Tibet, and China Prophecy in Its Ancient Near Eastern Context: Mesopotamian, Biblical, and Arabian Perspectives (Sbl Symposium Series) Magic Tales and Fairy Tale Magic: From Ancient Egypt to the Italian Renaissance Eastern Rome and the Rise of Islam: History and Prophecy