Advanced polymer-based nanocomposite materials continue to become increasingly popular and important for a wide range of engineering applications, as evidenced by continued government initiatives involving R&D and commercialization of these substances. In the race to exploit the unique mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties of nanocomposite materials, researchers must also address new challenges to predict, understand, and manage the potentially adverse effects they could have on human lives and the environment.
Nano- and Biocomposites focuses on the structural makeup of nanomaterials and their range of applications. It details the latest research in which biological applications of nanostructural resins have been conducted within in vitro and in vivo environments. Some of the applications explored in this book include:
* Tissue engineering and growth
* Mechanical and thermal stability enhancement of biocompatible polymers for artificial joints and scaffolding
* Thermal management for directed energy weapons, deicing, and electronics
* Structural performance for primary and secondary airframe structures, jet engines
* Electrical conductivity for lightning-strike protection, EMI, ESD, and energy storage
* Durability for chemical, wear, flame retardance, permeability
* Health monitoring for NDE certification, damage detection, and long-term degradation
This compilation of author contributions is divided into two sections—Nanostructured Polymer Composites and Nano-Bio Composites. It provides a basic understanding of nanomaterial and nanocomposite research to explain the fundamentals of how nanostructured fillers strengthen polymer-based materials. With an emphasis on how nano- and biocomposites are used to create new biomedical applications, the text also focuses on the crucial yet often-ignored potential toxicity impact of using nanostructured materials. It presents important guidelines and new insights to stimulate investigation of anticipated research in this fascinating new field. Researchers, scientists, and academics will appreciate this cutting-edge exploration of nanomaterials, biomaterials, and the ever-evolving world of nano-biomaterials.
E-book formats: Nano- and Biocomposites PDF, ePub, mobi, txt, Nano- and Biocomposites doc, pdb, djvu, fb2, ibooks, azw3, azw, kf8, rtf
Nano- and Biocomposites free download for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, BlackBerry or PC/MAC. Free download links from: Dropbox.com, Zippyshare.com, Depositfiles.com, Uploading.com, Crocko.com, FileFactory.com