Francis Tapon yearned for a European adventure, but Western Europe seemed too tame and passe. So he traveled for 3 years visiting every Eastern European country all 25 of them.
The Hidden Europe cleverly mixes insightful facts with hilarious personal anecdotes. It's profound, yet light. Francis Tapon is a sharp observer who helps you distinguish a Latvian from a Lithuanian, while not confusing Slovenia with Slovakia.
You'll also learn:
- Why Baltic people are human squirrels.
- When and why Poland disappeared from Europe.
- Why Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia broke up.
- Why Hungarians are really Martians.
- How Slovenians learn languages so quickly.
- Why the Balkans is so screwed up.
- Why there's much more to Romania than Dracula.
- Which Moldovan tradition saves marriages.
- What the future holds for Belarus, Ukraine, Russia.
- Why communism was a dream . . . and a nightmare.
You'll understand a side of Europe that is still mysterious and misunderstood even 20 years after the fall of the Soviet Union. Francis Tapon is an ideal guide in a book that will become a classic travel narrative.
E-book formats: The Hidden Europe: What Eastern Europeans Can Teach Us (Wanderlearn Series) PDF, ePub, mobi, txt, The Hidden Europe: What Eastern Europeans Can Teach Us (Wanderlearn Series) doc, pdb, djvu, fb2, ibooks, azw3, azw, kf8, rtf
The Hidden Europe: What Eastern Europeans Can Teach Us (Wanderlearn Series) free download for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, BlackBerry or PC/MAC. Free download links from: Dropbox.com, Zippyshare.com, Depositfiles.com, Uploading.com, Crocko.com, FileFactory.com